ICY BOX IB-256WP, USB 3.0 enclosure for 2.5" HDD/SSD with write-protection-switch, black
The write protection switch on the rear of the drive is a new feature, preventing the accidental deletion of data. It works in a similar way to the write protection switch on a SD card. When data protection is activated, data can only be read and copied but not written, deleted or modified. Only when data protection is turned off files can be modified or copied to the disk normally. This feature has become increasingly important to most users due to the increasing proliferation of computer viruses over the network. With the IB-256WP, you no longer have to worry about keeping your data safe.
Thanks to the fanless design and the aluminium enclosure, a silent cooling is possible. Thus, making the IB-256WP a silent companion through the daily work. The silicone sleeve protects the enclosure from accidentally slipping off the table or, in a worst case scenario, from damage.
The second line of defense is the write-protection. It can be enabled via switch so the data is protected from accidental editing or even virus infection. The enclosure is equipped with a USB 3.0 interface so it works with most common PCs and Laptops. It can transfer data with transfer rates of up to 5 Gbit/s to the host device and supplies power to the enclosure.
• USB 3.0 host interface 5 Gbit/s
• Aluminum enclosure with silicone protection sleeve
• Support SATA III 6 Gbit/s and USB 3.0 UASP
• LED Display for power and HDD access
• HDD up to 15 mm height, capacity not limited
• Supports: PC & Mac
• USB 3.0 micro-B on the enclosure and USB 3.0 Type-A to the PC
• Switch for write protection - against data loss / virus infection